The scientific Committee
The Scientific Committee of Ccm consists of ten experts, of which five are appointed by the Minister of health or by the delegated Undersecretary and five are appointed by the Health Councillors of the Regional Governments and by the general health prevention Manager /operational Manager of Ccm.
Its task is to express opinions about the proposal for the annual activity programme of Ccm, examine and approve the projects drafted by the operation manager for the annual activity programme implementation, by assessing: quality of contents and methods chosen, consistency with the approved guidelines and appropriateness of the proposed financial plans.
If necessary, the scientific Committee may avail itself of project Subcommittees established by a decree of the Ministry of health or by the delegated Undersecretary, following a proposal by the operational Manager of Ccm.
These are the current scientific Committee members, reinstated by the MDCr of 11 November 2008:
- Massimo Fini – Scientific Director of IRCCS San Raffaele Pisana, as ministry-appointed expert, acting as Chairman
- Armando Santoro – Medical oncology and haematology manager of the Istituto Clinico Humanitas, as ministry-appointed expert
- Alberto Zangrillo – Director of the anaesthesia and cardio-thoracic-vascular resuscitation operational unit at the university scientific Institute San Raffaele of Milan as ministry-appointed expert
- Sergio Pecorelli – Full Professor at the obstetrics and gynaecology clinic of the University of Brescia and Director of the obstetrics and gynaecology Department of the Azienda Spedali Civili of Brescia as ministry-appointed expert
- Saverio Giuseppe Parisi - Associate professor in microbiology and clinical microbiology at the histology, microbiology and medical biotechnology Department, Università degli Studi di Padova, as ministry-appointed expert
- Giacomino Brancati - Calabria Regional Government, as expert appointed by the Regional Government Presidents’ Conference
- Carlo Perucci - Lazio Regional Government, as expert appointed by the Regional Government Presidents’ Conference
- Renata Magliola – Piedmont Regional Government, as expert appointed by the Regional Government Presidents’ Conference
- Cinzia Annatea Germinario – Puglia Regional Government, as expert appointed by the Regional Government Presidents’ Conference
- Antonio Ferro - Veneto Regional Government, as expert appointed by the Regional Government Presidents’ Conference
- Fabrizio Oleari – General health prevention Manager and operational Manager of Ccm.
The term in office of the Subcommittees established by the previous scientific Committee has expired at the same time as that of the latter. The composition and activities of the Subcommittees will therefore need to be reconfirmed by the new Ccm committee.